Thursday 21 October 2010

The other day I had an epiphany (lets say a thought, like those you get when your on the toilet, you know, a one off random thought that makes you think about the previous thought even more, no? Okay. I guess it's just me). Well, anyway I got one of those and I realised that the real reason why I started a blog, was to express the things that I like. But I've noticed that I'm just trying to write about or post photos of what I think others will like. And I don't want to do that. I mean, there are lots of blogs out there that tell you everything that's on the catwalk this season or what's in and what's not. But I want my blog, well to be about me! Because to be fair there's only one person that I know most about (me!) and If I don't blog about her, the person who I know about most, who else am I going to do it about. There is no use rambling on about trends and clothes and models if I don't like it, don't enough enough about it or is too serious. As then it won't be different to other people's blogs and well that's what I wanna do! Clothes is something I love and blogging is something a want to love, so that I can show others, how fashion doesn't have to be about trends or how much it costs but about how much fun it is. I don't wanna give people what they already know or can find on a better, more professional site. SO, I WANT TO ENCOURAGE EVERYONE OUT THAT BLOGGING SHOULD BE ABOUT THE THINGS YOU LOVE AND NOT WHAT'S COOL...SO GO ONE MAKE YOURSELF A BLOG AND GO CRAZZZZYYY (also give me the link to it so I can support it)
So enough of my ramblingsss! Let me tell you what fashion related things I've been up to lately.
Well first of all after the notafahion show event, I went to a festival to celebrate the art of Indian dancing. It lasts for 9 days and I went to 4 out of them (as college and schoolwork gets in the way, boo!)

Hope you all like Indian clothes. When someone says 'Indian clothing' we quickly associate it with lots of colour, sequins, glitter and lots and lots of material, and let me tell you cuties, ya not wrong, it's exacly that! I hope you all enjoy the photos as much as we enjoyed posing for them.


day 1

day 2


day 3
day 4


I was soooo much fun! We danced into the night without any care in the world, looking as beautiful as everrr (well if beautiful=sweaty that is). It's funny how my hair is slowly turning ginger, I can't smile and I look nothing like the rest of my cousins (see last photo).
In my next post I shall show you more photos of the notafashion show event, a lovely day with my good friend and other random shenanigans! Soo keep checking back for more clothes and bad humour!

OH AND I'M GONNA BE IN THE NOTTINGHAM POST FOR MY TRENDY FASHION SENSE (kidding about the last bit. It's because my friend's got work experience at the local newspaper studio and she gets to do a post on street style, so bless the girl she asked me! YAY!)

3 comments:

  1. Awwhh. Good.
    I like blogs that are more about the person than what's 'in'. I hate the blogs where they post loads of runway/etc. It's annoying and not personal.
    Mini rant over.
    The colours are so beautiful in these photos.
    You should post bigger photos, i think your blog's 'extended' so it wouldn't over-flow. If that makes sense.
    x enter my giveaway?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, love it! Being a Hindu myself its very refreshing to come across your blog!

    Check out my shoe design blogspot? All my designs are hand-drawn also! Take care X

    Louboutininthemaking.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. @hiven - haha, I loved your little rant and I totally agree with you. Thanks for the lovely comment. And I'm not sure how I could make my photos bigger, could you please help me? Thanks x

    @Prad Savania - Thanks! Awww, fellow Hindu nice to meet you! I've just checked out your blog and the shoe designs are beautiful. You've got some real talent there! x

    ReplyDelete

I read and reply to every single comment from you beautiful people, so go ahead write one...